by HANNAH SELIGSON, APR 29, 2019
The idea is that you'll only do it once, thus your honeymoon is one of those high-stakes trips to plan. "Nowadays, with more couples marrying later in life, often after years of already living together, the honeymoon is a great time to make a shared check off of the bucket list destination trip, and do something bigger, bolder, or over a longer period of time than usual.
The Spa Insider
Beachfront eco-lodge Playa Cativo Lodge doubled its accommodations with the unveiling of nine new casitas. The Costa Rican property also introduced a new spa program, Lotus Wellness, which includes two treatment rooms, an outdoor plunge pool and a lounge area.
Cativo’s Biological Research Station is located in Playa Cativo’s magnificent Nature Reserve, in front of Golfo Dulce. Surrounded by more than 400 hectares of Private Reserve, the unexplored Piedras Blancas National Park and connected with 3 other important protected areas in the Osa Peninsula.
Our ongoing research permits long-term studies to know the status of the different flora and fauna species of the tropical rainforest, including the Wildcats Monitoring program, Coral Reefs Restoration Program, Mammals & Birds Population Programs and many upcoming initiatives will help us preserve biodiversity in the region. This scientific tool allows us to create conservation programs in the area, as well as alliances with organizations on the same objectives and endeavors. Each developed research and monitoring program makes a real estimation of the diversity and population size of the flora and fauna of our nature reserve and the surroundings of the Piedras Blancas National Park, it is a great place to learn amazing aspects of the wildlife rainforest.
For more information on our Reseach Programs or if you’re interested in local history and nature, or enjoy helping others learn, we invite you to become part of our Volunteering Programs, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visti www.cativoresearchstation.com.
Our Biological Reseach Station offers opportunities for you to share your time and talents, do good and meet new people.
Published rates are subject to 13% tax or applicable taxes at the time if such should change.
Check-in time begins at 2:00 pm. Checkout time is 11:00 am. 3. Reservations and confirmations: To get the most of your experience and fully embrace the magic of Golfo Dulce, we recommend at least a three or four-night stay at Playa Cativo. A minimum of 4 nights stay is required during Peak Season, no check-ins / check-outs on December 31 and January 1st.
Deposits and Payment: An advance deposit, which is equal to 25% of the total amount of your stay, is required to confirm your reservation. Payment of the balance is due 30 days prior to your arrival for Green Season, 60 days prior to your arrival for High Season and 90 days prior to your arrival for Peak Season. Miscellaneous charges are due upon departure with VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Dinners Club. Payments not expedited immediately are subject to cancellation without further notice. Agency bookings can be subject to special terms, please consult our reservation department for details.
Cancellation Policy: Because of our small size and location, cancellations affect us significantly. A last minute cancellation allows us limited opportunity of re-selling our guest rooms. For this reason, we must impose a strict cancellation policy. Reservations for Green Season: Cancellation requests must be received in writing 31 days or more prior to arrival to avoid penalty, cancellations made in writing 30 to 0 days before guest’s arrival will apply a 100% penalty. Reservations for High Season: Cancellation requests must be received in writing 61 days or more prior to arrival to avoid penalty, cancellations made in writing 60 to 0 days before guest’s arrival will apply a 100% penalty. Reservations for Peak Season: Cancellation requests must be received in writing 91 days or more prior to arrival to avoid penalty, cancellations made in writing 90 to 0 days before guest’s arrival will apply a 100% penalty. Late bookings are NON-REFUNDABLE after the credit card charge has been processed. Payments not received in a timely manner are subject to immediate cancellation without further notice with no exceptions. Cancellations must be made in writing and sent by email to email@example.com, and all cancellations must be confirmed as received by Playa Cativo Lodge to be considered valid. NO-SHOW and/or un-used room nights, and/or early check-outs are not refundable regardless of the season.
Groups (Payment and Policy) Groups are considered 4 rooms or more. We require a 50% deposit of the total balance 5 months prior to group´s arrival and the remaining deposit 90 days prior to group´s arrival. Cancellation requests must be received in writing 5 months or more prior to arrival to avoid penalty, cancellations made in writing 150 to 90 days before group´s arrival will apply a 50% penalty and cancellations made in writing 90 to 0 days before group’s arrival will apply a 100% penalty.
Smoking: By law, smoking is prohibited in rooms and any of the common areas and trails. However, guests are permitted to smoke in a designated exterior area near the Lodge.
Pets: In order to preserve the wildlife, pets are not allowed at Playa Cativo Lodge.
Force Majeure Clause: Playa Cativo Lodge is exempted for the liability for failure to execute arrangements specified here in directly or indirectly caused by or in consequence of any conditions beyond human control. However, option to rebook is subject to availability of rooms covered by the dates of visit.
Responsibility: Playa Cativo Lodge assumes no responsibility for injury, loss or damage to person or property in connection with any service resulting directly from acts of God, detention annoyance, strikes, civil disturbances, government restrictions or regulations, discrepancies or change in transit.
Set in the heart of Costa Rica’s rainforest across from Osa Peninsula, Playa Cativo is a luxury eco lodge offering exquisite accommodations in true harmony with nature. This Costa Rican hideaway is accessible exclusively by boat and its design compliments the surrounding rainforest, stunning grounds and oceanfront setting. The sustainable and exclusive eco lodge offers seven beachfront guest rooms and gourmet restaurant.
Cesar Vargas, Marketing Director
Playa Cativo Lodge, Costa Rica
Marketing: (USA) 508 7455779/ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLAYA CATIVO LODGE IN THE NEWS:
- The Globe and Mail – January 2016
- Costa Rica Unrushed – January 2016
- Luxury Link – January 2016
- Hip Boutique Hotels – January 2016
- Go Visit Costa Rica
- Imagine Latin America
- Luxury Accommodations Blog
- Central America Via Venture – November 2015
- Hotel Scoop – October 2015
- Luxury Latin America – August 2015
- Costa Bellena Living – June 2015
- Distinctive Americas – May 2015
- Natural World Safaris: Costa Rica Trip Report – May 2015
- The Tico Times: Playa Cativo – In the Thick of the Rain Forest, a Culinary Revolution – April 2015
- Séjour a Playa Cativo – April 2015
- Costa Rica News: Playa Cativo Luxury Lodge in Piedra Blancas National Park – March 2015
- US News and World Report Travel: 4 Girlfriends Getaways to Book Now – March 2015
- The Costa Rican News: A Costa Rica Hidden Gem – March 2015
- Signature Collection
- Le Journal de Montréal : Entre Jungle et Jardin – March 2015
- Destination Costa Rica – March 2015
- How To Spend It: Costa Rica’s New Eco-Lodges – March 2015
- Balenna Tales Magazine: Captivated by Playa Cativo Lodge – January 2015
- Travel Excellence: Adventure and Relaxation at Playa Cativo, Golfo Dulce – January 2015
- The Romantic Tourist: Playa Cativo Lodge – January 2015
- Travel and Lust – January 2015
- Washington Life Magazine: Holiday issue – December 2014
- Costa Rica Experts: Playa Cativo Hotel – May 2015
- Luxuo – December 2014
- Passion for Fresh Ideas: Off Grid and Eco: Playa Cativo in Costa Rica – November 2014
- Andew Harper Hideaway Report : Costa Rica Heaven – October 2014
- USA TODAY 10 Best: Playa Cativo – September 2014
- Costa Rica Ecolodges: Playa Cativo Lodge – September 2014
- Luxury Resorts Development Blog – September 2014
- Costa Rica Journeys – September 2014
- Enchanting Costa Rica Blog – 5 Tropical Beaches You Want to Visit in Southern Costa Rica – September 2014
- Forbes Travel Guide – August 2014
- Original Travel: Playa Cativo Lodge – August 2014
- Luxury Travel Magazine: Hot Hotel Openings – August 2014
- Condé Nast Traveler: Costa Rica Hotels – August 2014
- Small Hotels Costa Rica – August 2014
- Travel the World – August 2014
- Travel Weekly
- Incentive Magazine
- Washington Business Journal: Playa Cativo, a new resort from the owner of Goodstone Inn – August 2014
- Washington Business Journal: Photos of Goodstone Inn’s New Costa Rica Project – August 2014
- Luxury Hotel Aquisitions: Playa Cativo, A Luxury Beachfront Eco Lodge Opens in Costa Rica – August 2014
- Signature Collection – Playa Cativo Lodge – August 2014
- CJ Lux Lifestyle & Travel: Vacation in Style – August 2014
HONORS AND AWARDS:
• 2015 and 2016 TripAdvisor Platinum Level Green Leader Award
• 2014 Costa Rica Ecological Blue Flag Award
• 2014 USA TODAY 10 Best: Playa Cativo
PLAYA CATIVO, COSTA RICA
Call us (Within Costa Rica): (+506) 2775 6262 / (+506) 2775 6261
From USA & Canada: 508-745-5779
Toll-Free From UK: 08081891057
General Inquires: email@example.com
GPS Coordinates: Lat:8.673009, Long:-83.306093