Our privileged location allows us to experience one of the most exciting Bird Watching destinations in the country, and in the world, which includes rivers, wetlands, primary rainforest, protected reserves, estuaries, grasslands, and ocean birding. Over 395 species of birds (with a number of species endemic to the region), can be found around this magical region (the most biologically intense region on the palnet). You’ll truly enjoy our incredible destination in the Osa Region and Golfo Dulce, with the most experienced nature guides that we have, and the most knowledgeable ecologists from la Cotinga Research Station in the Osa Peninsula.
- Local flights, round trip from/to San José Intl. airport (SJO).
- Personalized meet & greet and round-trip scenic boat transfer from any of the local airstrips (Golfito or Puerto Jiménez) to Playa Cativo.
- 4 Nights first-class lodging, featuring spectacular vistas of the ocean and surrounding tropical rainforest.
- Three à la carte, multi-course meals per day.
- Freshly brewed specialty coffees and teas and homemade appetizers throughout your stay.
- Morning Shore, River & Estuary Birdwatching (Rio Esquinas). By kayak and through the mangrove of Rios Esquinas – Highlights: Willet, Whimbrel, Tricolor Heron, American Pigmy King Fisher. 3 hrs approx.
- Primary Rainforest Birdwatching Exploration (Piedras Blancas National Park). Highlights: Scaly Breasted Leaftosser, Orange Billed Sparrow, Black Billed Wren. 2 hrs approx.
- Valle de Los Saínos Bird Watching (Cativo´s Nature Reserve). Highlights: Toucans, Scarlet Macaws, and over 11 hummingbird species.
- Nocturnal Rainforest Birding. Highlights: Owls and night birds of the rainforest.
- Osa Peninsula Birding Journey (La Cotinga Research Station). Highlights: Red-capped Manakin, White-crested Coquette, the Turquoise Cotinga, and a Southern Costa Rica´s Nature, Ecology & Sustainability Talk.
- Self-guided trails to observe birds around Cativo’s Rainforest.
- Use of kayaks, stand-up paddleboards, and snorkeling gear along Cativo Bay.
- Twice a day maid service and turndown service.
- Wi-Fi in your guest room and social areas.
Luxury Guestroom: Green Season: US $1,805 / High Season: US $2,460.
Premium Guestroom: Green Season: US $2,160, / High Season: US $3,488.
Premium Plus Casitas: Green Season: US $2,615 / High Season: U$3,689.
Package prices are per person, based on double occupancy. Not valid for Peak Season or in conjunction with other discounts or packages. Package price does not include beverages, gratuities and any expense of a personal nature.